Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm getting married

I want to start off this blog with letting you know, as if you already didn't know, that I'm getting married!! Yes, in exactly 224 days I will become Mrs. B!! (which is kind of funny, since I am currently Ms. B- in fact, the initial of my last name has never changed in my life- not once! I've always been a "B"!!) There are still days that I cannot belive that I am getting married! I want this blog to be a mix of wedding related items (since I am essentially planning and paying for this wedding on my own, I will have lots of DIY projects to post in the coming weeks/months) and I also want it to be about blending our families.

I know all about blending families, I come from a rather large blended family myself. When my mom married my step dad in October 1988, she had 3 children (2 boys and a girl (me)) and he had 2 children (2 boys). After they were married, they had 2 more children together (a girl and a boy). So, in case you weren't keeping track, I have 5 brothers and a sister!! (yes, I said FIVE brothers :) ) It wasn't easy to blend our families together- but we did it, successfully! We all made it out alive, growing up to be responsible, upstanding adults. We love our parents, we love each other. My parents did a remarkable job "blending".

We are going to have to write our own story of a blended family, and I know it won't be easy. I was previously married and have one daughter. My fiance, though he was not married, has one son. We will face our own unique challenges when it comes to blending our small family together. There will be high points and low points, this I know- but I honestly can't wait to walk that road with him.

In the weeks to come, I'll share more about myself- the journey I've traveled. I'll share more about the amazing man who asked me to be his wife. I'll share about our children, about the wedding plans, and sometimes I'll just share abou tthe mundane day to day things that make this journey in life "ours".

So, I hope you'll join me on my journey of ....Becoming Blended!

0 comments: